True, time is money, and for the sake of convenience one-stop shopping is tempting–but here are five things you’ll pay way too much for at the grocery store.
- Cleaning products. The dollar store is the place to go for cleaning products. Also check out WalMart if you can’t find what you need at the dollar store. Look into buying in bulk at the warehouse store if you have a membership but don’t assume bigger = cheaper.
- Restaurant food. You’re paying a premium to eat at the grocerant. Wouldn’t you rather be surrounded by actual restaurant ambiance?
- Pet supplies. Go online for the widest selection of cute accessories and toys. Shop around for the best values on pet food. We actually buy our parrot’s food online in bulk and it’s far cheaper than any of the brick-and-mortar stores.
- Greeting cards. Our old friend the dollar store is your go-to spot for greeting cards.
- Over-the-counter medications. You’ll pay a premium at the grocery store for your headache meds. WalMart is a good place to buy over-the-counter medicines. Try generic to save even more.